Advising and representing employers and employees on potential employment tribunal claims, including:
Unlawful Deduction of Wages:
• Your employer has deducted money from your pay that is not permitted by law or authorised by any term within your employment contract or has not been agreed to by you. We can help retrieve it.
• You have been dismissed before the expiry of any fixed term within your employment contract or with insufficient notice. There is no minimum term of service required to submit a claim of this type.
• You have been dismissed for what you believe to be an unfair reason and/or you believe that your employer did not act fairly in dismissing you or in the manner of such dismissal.
Discrimination and Harassment:
• Your employer is treating you differently, which you believe to be on the grounds of your age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
• Isolated or repeated occasions of unwanted conduct which you find demeaning and unacceptable, or that create an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive working environment.
• You believe that you have been unfairly selected for redundancy or that your employer is using redundancy as an excuse to dismiss you
• You believe that your redundancy settlement is insufficient
If you are involved in a dispute, or you are facing the prospect of dealing with redundancy, you may need to deal with a Settlement Agreement. Settlement Agreements are normally prepared by the employer’s legal representatives and then independently checked by a legal representative for the employee. It is usual for the employer to meet the reasonable fees of the employee being advised
Usually, the employer will be making a payment to the employee and you in return for an effective waiver of any claims the employee may have. There are various requirements that must be fulfilled in order for a Settlement Agreement to be valid, and we will ensure that your Settlement Agreement fulfils all of these requirements.
At Hardman and Watson we can assist with both preparing Settlement Agreements on behalf of employer’s and advising employees on these agreement prepared by others.
Should you require any further information on the above please contact Hardman and Watson to arrange an appointment.